The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as the title states im new to the forum. Stumbled across it while browsing the internet. And glad i did. Now ive been in the aquarium hobby for 10+ years. Mostly keeping cichlids african,central and south american. Within the last 4 years ive also kept saltwater tanks. Of corse ive put a plant or 2 in a tank within my years of fish keeping but never have attempted a full planted tank. In my opinion a Nice planted tank rivals any reef aquarium. Now with that said I want to keep it simple though. I will be running 160watts of light. If I dont have to id rather not use Co2. Anyone have any suggestions or advice.

Ray:icon_smil

·
Registered
314 Posts
What kind of lighting is it? 2 4' striplights? If so, the reflectors on those aren't really the greatest, but are good enough for low-tech. Just under 2wpg...

You can grow all varieties of low-light plants. Someone with more experience with low-light plants can help you more, but the basics are

-anubias
-valisneria
-water sprite
-hornwort
-java fern/moss
-cryptocorynes

There are many others, but these are the more common ones. CO2 won't be necessary for them...just keep a balance with your lighting schedule.

Adam

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.