The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a turtle and some fish in my tank some mopani wood and dragon rock, I have just received the following, bunch red lugwigia, 15 Java fern, 2 tiger lotus and I'm waiting on swords my question is were should I plant them ie background, middle, and front I already have wispas, anubias barteri, and a tree looking thing I could move if needed any advice would be great, I'm using sand bottom

·
Registered
135 Posts
It's honestly up to you. Typically you might want to plant the large plants (swords) in the background, and the pretty and smaller plants up front (tiger lotus) and the java fern can be attached onto the wood, or just stuck somewhere in the mid-background depending on size. Either way it's up to what YOU enjoy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I planned for the swords to go at the back, just wondered about the rest, trying to tie the ferns to wood is a bit of a pain I just floated the ones I have until I find a good place for them, being honest its a bit of a mess just now

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi I v been having some issues with algea I think it's hair algae but it's stuck to some of my plants and decor iv been removing it by hand but it keeps coming back, iv cut down the amount of fish food and doing weekly water changes if any one has any advice on removing it permanently

1 - 8 of 8 Posts