The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I purchased my first 60P (StarFire) and need some help to make my HC grow like crazzy. I have added CO2 at 1BPS. (will buy a drop checker soon!)
Using ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia II and Dragon Stone.

The lighting is a 4 bulb x 24 W= 96W Total T5HO.

Besides 10 hr photo period with CO2 and lighting, is there anything else my HC needs to grow like wildfire?? Which test do i need to do to check the health of my tank. Can you explain the mandatory tests I need to do?

Regards,
Simplicity

·
Registered
480 Posts
Have you considered growing your HC without filling the tank and then filling it when it grows in? I'm not sure what else you have in the tank, but it sounds like you are trying for an iwugami? I grew HC this way and had no algae issues and the HC grew like nuts. When the HC was all grown in i filled the tank....presto!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I didnt give too much details.

I am doing a Iwagumi styled tank. :fish:And want to carpet my tank ASAP. (expecting 1.5 months) The tank is already submerged with balyxa (i think) and some free plants the guy threw in.

·
Plant Clown
4,735 Posts
With 4xT5HO bulbs you're going to need to max out CO2 and do comprehensive fertilization. And you still probably have too much light for your tank.

However, if you do manage to dump enough CO2 and ferts in there to keep up with the lighting and avoid massive algae, then yes, your HC will grow like wildfire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.