The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being in the saltwater hobby for about 4 years, I sold everything I had due to the fact that i had to move everything back and forth to school. I had a 15 gallon tank with 2 perc clowns, anemones, clams, you name it I had it or knew about it! Well I work at a LFS and when I saw the Fluval Spec, I got the itch again to create another tank, only this time tiny and planted. My plan is to do a bumble bee goby and most likely a shrimp. I know the challenges that the goby will create which is why I want to keep him. Tank has been up for about a week with one piece of drift wood in it and a moss ball, nothing crazy yet.
I will tank pictures later tonight but until then, here is what my saltwater tank looked like before I sold everything

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Love that reef tank. I have a 3 gallon sitting in the box still that I've been wanting to make a saltwater nano, but don't know where to begin. Don't want to spend any money either, which is probably why I stopped at tank, light, and live rock (now dead, in the garage dried out).
a 3 gal would be too small as a first saltwater tank... smaller tanks actually require more work then larger tanks do

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I can definitely respect the smaller tank difficulties. I've researched for years about putting together a low tech reef or just fowlr tank, but have never pulled the trigger due to startup costs $$$. The elbow grease doesn't bother me, I like to maintain and tinker. Anyhow, look forward to seeing your bumblebee goby tank. Post pics when you get them.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how it started

how it sits

going to add more plants before i get the gobies, we have them at work but they arent eating yet so i have to play with them more before i bring 2 home

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.