The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi good afternoon just started a planted tank, its a 5.5gallon 16L x 8W x 10H thinking of getting the chihiros c2 rgb or maybe the fluval nano any inputs? I have java moss and monte carlo right now, my current light is a marine LED but I just lowered the blues and cranked up whites, reds and greens. I got the moss from petco and in a plastic bag hopefully it turns green with a little tlc

·
Registered
782 Posts
You might be able to get away with just using the marine light for now if the PAR is high enough in the right spectrum.

Java moss is pretty durable. If it's not dead, it'll come back. I've had moss pop back up on driftwood that I thought I'd removed every scrap from months later. The already brown stuff probably won't change color, but it should put out new growth pretty fast, and you'll be pulling out wads of it in a few months.

The monte carlo is going to be tougher. It requires a whole lot of light, and while a few people have managed it without, it generally needs CO2 to thrive. If it doesn't wind up working, you might try "mini" dwarf hairgrass, which is less demanding and still pretty short.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.