The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!
So my friend gave me her 20 gal this week, it was pretty bare, sparse plants and no wood or rocks or anything. She had some val and random fern things in it and a giant mass of Java moss. She had 2 tiny guppies and a yoyo loach in there.
I got my hands on it and added a bunch more plants, a cool wood piece, and a few fish.
Current stocking:
3 rummy nose tetras (only ones left in the store, gonna get more)
yoyo loach
2 guppies, super plain female and a black finned male

Plants:
Cabomba (I think)
Ludwigia repens
Marble sword
Anubias nana
Various ferns
Val
Java moss
Frogbit

The jar is weighing down the wood

Love these little guys!

I plan on maybe getting a gourami pair and more rummy nose but other than that I am always open to suggestions!
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
The light level needed for the Repens will eventually cause GSA on the Anubias
leaves(likely) but placing it under the wood should stop that. Shade being the main point of "under the wood". Don't be concerned about it not getting enough light under there.
Anubias can live/w no direct light hitting the tank. As long as there is a couple of windows for indirect light to come into the room, it has enough light to support an Anubias.
But because they tend to grow very slow, they get GSA easily.
Frogbit don't like water splashing on top of it...no idea why.
You might want to start thinking about some fertilizers.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello! I would just up the numbers of Rummynose so you have a school, those always look great. Maybe switch the loach for some cories if you can. It's recommended for larger tanks and they're also said to be social and kept in larger groups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to get at least 3 more! When I got them at my LFS they were all they had left!
The loach is still young and it came with the tank so I'm gonna see how he does for awhile! Thank you!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The light level needed for the Repens will eventually cause GSA on the Anubias
leaves(likely) but placing it under the wood should stop that. Shade being the main point of "under the wood". Don't be concerned about it not getting enough light under there.
Anubias can live/w no direct light hitting the tank. As long as there is a couple of windows for indirect light to come into the room, it has enough light to support an Anubias.
But because they tend to grow very slow, they get GSA easily.
Frogbit don't like water splashing on top of it...no idea why.
You might want to start thinking about some fertilizers.

I have the repens in the highest light of the tank and I'm still moving the Anubias around on the wood so I will keep that in mind!
All the frogbit is on the side away from the filter and has already been takin off so we'll see how it does!
I have some API leaf zone and CO2 booster for my smaller tank, I was gonna start putting some in this one too!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.