The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently just bought a 36g bow front tank and Im running a finnex planted 24/7 (my first led). I use to go by watts per gallon for gauging what plants are suitable but now I have no idea how to measure it without going out and buying a par meter ( I don't wanna do that). Does any one else own a finnex planted 24/7 and know what plants grow good with it? Also what intemsity and colors are best for plant growth as you can adjust these with the remote. Any replies are much appreciated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have increased my photo period from 7 hours to 10 hours with pressurized CO2 from 2 bps to 4bps and HOB Hagen filter with circulation pump running for 24 hours. The result is the new Tissue Culture plants just planted are showing the signs of brown powder and blackish brown powder on their leaves and blades. What could be the reason? I'll upload pictures tomorrow if helps in advising where I'm going wrong.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Check out this thread:

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/10-lighting/871385-finnex-24-7-full-review.html

It has the PAR values at various depths so you won't have to figure them out by yourself. From my understanding the PAR is similar to the RAY2 so you can estimate from those charts provided by finnex. I had trouble with the 24/7 setting, but others have had a lot of success.

Are you using CO2? If you are you should be able to grow med-high light plants, especially if you don't use the 24/7 setting. Without CO2, I would stick with low-med light plants.

As for lighting and intensity, the max setting should work fine although it is always good to start off with a lower intensity. You can also play around with the reds and the blues (green won't affect plants much). If you do want to play around with the spectrum, I would have a 1:3 ratio of blue to red.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.