The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the kind words!

The school in the middle is made up of Bosemani Rainbows. They aren't very colorful in this crappy pic.

As for the scape, it has already changed since this pic! I am adding some slate in the next day or two as well as a black background. My struggle right now is finding some plants that are a bit bigger to fill all of that empty space. I am thinking some amazon swords. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Swords would work fine, maybe some cyperus helfrei or taller species of vallisneria. Some narrow leaf java fern would give a tropical feel to it. Don't be afraid to try new species of plants. That's half the fun.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Swords would work fine, maybe some cyperus helfrei or taller species of vallisneria. Some narrow leaf java fern would give a tropical feel to it. Don't be afraid to try new species of plants. That's half the fun.
Great ideas. I'm gonna put some swords in. I actually added 2 java ferns this evening (tied to the driftwood). What do you mean by new species? My tank is stocked, so I'm up for anything plant-wise! I would like to get to heavy planted...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Don't be afraid to try some of the more difficult or unique plants that are out there. A lot of plants can be grown quite nice without co2 and high light. There's always new cultivars of swords coming out. I used to be hesitant in trying new species when reading up on them. Then I figured hey if I kill it, it's a plant and not a fish. So that made me feel better. Lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.