The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On 1/1/07 I started a 12 gal Aquapod.I started with Eco complete.I have 2 dual sunpaqs.(6700-10k)I just started a pressurized co2 system with ph controller about 2 weeks ago.The tank is filling out great.I have several ?'s to post.I'll start with this one.My broadleaf ludwigia has great red coloration but it has about an inch & half gap between the leaves,so it doesn't look full.The leaves look great(color & size)Is this a lighting or nutrient issue?I'll be posting some pics soon.I have to try out my new Nikon D70!!!Any help would be great.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Well, depending upon the wattage you provide, it could be an issue with that. Have you done any trims since you got the plants? Often, when you get these from your LFS, they have grown under relatively low light, so they become leggy and the leaves are more sparse. With enough light, if you trim, it should grow back more compactly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The lights are 27w each.The LFS has good lighting.The plants were full when i got them.I trimmed a few last week which caused them to split.I'll trim the others this week with the water change.I do the water changes with r/o water,2 1/2 gal a week.Is there something I should add to the new water?I haven't been adding a lot of ferts.I had some algae just before I started the co2.I had a ph of 8.2.The ph is now stable at 7.0,[email protected],[email protected] have seachem stuff.Flourish,Excell,Iron,Potassium,& Nitrogen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts