The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right after christmas we ended up with a green anole that was given to someone as a gag gift. He is currently in a suitable habitat but it's just substrate and some live plants (in planters) with some other vines etc. So I have to remove him to clean and he doesn't really like that.

We had a 55 gal tank laying around along with a 10 gal. So my 13 yr old and I have decided to make a vivarium for the little guy.(and probably eventually some company) He wants to stack the 10 gal(with bottom removed and replaced with screen) on top of the 55 gal to make a taller area.

I have a few questions.

1: Should I have a mister AND a fogger/humidifier? We live in Western Montana and it's very dry all the time and winter is worse especially needing heat so I'm leaning towards yes both but unsure. (Trying to plan out the building of the stand).
1A: Is it ok for both of these to pipe into the top of the tank?(through the top screen/door)

2: Airflow. Should I put at least one small fan in a corner to circulate area throughout the long tank?

3: Any special lighting I should make sure I have for the plants? The Anole needs UVB and a basking light. Not sure about the plants.

Any other advice you would give a first time DIY?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.