The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my ferts just came in and I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about this.

This is what i got down so far. is it correct?

29 gallon - 30ppm co2

MONDAY--------Test/Water Change ¼ tsp KN03 1/16 tsp KH2P04

TUESDAY--------1/16 tsp (5ml) Trace Elements

WEDNESDAY----¼ tsp KN03 1/16 tsp KH2P04

THURSDAY------1/16 tsp (5ml) Trace Elements

FRIDAY----------¼ tsp KN03 1/16 tsp KH2P04

SATURDAY-------1/16 tsp (5ml) Trace Elements

SUNDAY REST

am i on track?

also, im going to be away for the weekend so i might miss my saturday dose. is there a way i could modify this to have it work in my favour?

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Did this come from a fert calcuator ?
The reason I asked is because it's higher in KH2PO4 that I should think and
not as high in KNO3.
Each dose on a full EI dosing is lower than my single dose for the once a week type.
But If you have a 29 and I put 10g into the calculator and itsays 1/64 tsp...but you are
dosing more @ 4x that much instead of 3x that much and with no reduction percent.
Since this is one of the few that you can over dose, I'd wait for more replies on this one.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did this come from a fert calcuator ?
The reason I asked is because it's higher in KH2PO4 that I should think and
not as high in KNO3.
Each dose on a full EI dosing is lower than my single dose for the once a week type.
But If you have a 29 and I put 10g into the calculator and itsays 1/64 tsp...but you are
dosing more @ 4x that much instead of 3x that much and with no reduction percent.
Since this is one of the few that you can over dose, I'd wait for more replies on this one.

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/fertilizing/15225-estimative-index-dosing-guide.html

i used this for reference

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
http://www.thenutrientcompany.com/aquarium/calculators/

i found this calculator just now. would work pretty well since i already have a digital scale laying around that can weigh grams down to 2 decimal points.

would help me stretch my ferts out longer i guess too and i can adjust more accurately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.