The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 125g tall tank with a 29 gallon sump that is CO2 injected. I have 210w of light, 6 Angels, 3 bala sharks, 10 Black Skirted Tetras, 3 SAEs, 2 hatchet fish, 3 otos, 1 clown pleco, and lots of Trumpet Snails, 6 Assassin Snails. I need to know where to begin, I have not bought anything yet but I was planning on it by the end of the week. What do I need to get and how much of what do I need to put into my tank:icon_ques

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
The best two online stores are { http://www.aquariumfertilizer.com/index.asp?Option1=cats&Edit=2&EditU=1&Regit=2 } and { http://www.greenleafaquariums.com/aquarium-fertilizer.html } and what you need is:

KN03
KH2P04
K2SO4
Trace (CSM+B)

Optional but good stuff:
GH booster (only used after a large WC)
Iron Chelate 10% (if you need extra iron for finicky plants)

I'd recommend EI dosing with that setup (makes life easier) and the amounts would be:

1 1/2 tsp KNO3
1/2 tsp KH2PO4
1/2 tsp traces

I'd dry dose it personally, it's easier to just use measuring spoons and dump it into the tank.

- Brad

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where can I find the EI guide, and those are teaspoons right?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help Brad, I will get some ferts, but I cannot start dosing until I get my co2 up to par. So first off to build a inline co2 reactor.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Good links brad. Thanks a lot for those. One question, on the ukaps.org page they used a 20 gallon tank in the example. Since I own two 20 gallons and want to change to EI method, was there example accurate....or was it purely just an example of measurements. I'm assuming it is accurate. Here it is.

Sunday – 50% or more Water Change then dose [3/16 teaspoon KNO3] + [1/16 teaspoon KH2PO4] + [½ teaspoon MgSO4]
Monday – 1/16 teaspoon CSM+B
Tuesday - [3/16 teaspoon KNO3] + [1/16 teaspoon KH2PO4] + [½ teaspoon MgSO4]
Wednesday - 1/16 teaspoon CSM+B
Thursday - [3/16 teaspoon KNO3] + [1/16 teaspoon KH2PO4] + [½ teaspoon MgSO4]
Friday – Rest
Saturday - Rest

1 - 6 of 6 Posts