The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some years of keeping fish and struggling to keep my plants the way I wanted them to look, I have decided to invest in a pressurized CO2 system. Because I wanted something "ready to go" and easy, I invested in the Red Sea Co2 500 deluxe system with a solenoid hooked up to my pinpoint pH controller( which I have previously been using just as a pH meter). So here is my dilemma, when I hooked the regulator up to the paint ball cannister, NOTHING happened. The directions say that the dial reading cannister pressure should shoot way up - well, I got nothing. I figured that maybe the cannister was empty, so I went a bought another one - same thing. Am I missing something about "opening" these cannisters - there is a small brass knob near the neck of the cannister - am I supposed to do something with this?? The pressurized Co2 has me a bit skittish, so I am not inclined to tinker.... The directions with the system say that attaching the regulator to the cannister should automatically depress the pin on the cannister and start the gas flowing................ it didn't work that way for me. Help!!!!

As an aside, how often does the pH probe need to be replaced on a Pinpoint Ph controller system??

Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not familiar with Red Sea's system, but I use a paintball regulator myself - I just screw the regulator on the tank and that's it. You should here a quick burst of CO2 being let out as the pin on the tank gets pressed though.

Hope this is not too obvious, but did you get the paintball canisters filled before using them? They'll be pretty light if not filled.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Not familiar with red sea system as well but looking at the pictures online did you open the cylinder knob (Black top knob) after attaching your regulator?

-Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts