The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 10 gallon I just started up. Heavily planted, not cycled, and some hair algae. I have osmocote fertilizer in my BDBS substrate and some api fert. I want to add CO2 to not only help the plants thrive but to help aid in my removal of the algae. I don’t have much knowledge on CO2 in fish tanks and any help is useful. Any recommendations on complete kits too. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
You can take a look at my CO2 primer (linked below in my signature), if you are interested in trying to DIY your own setup.

There are, of course, also commercial kits available, so it really depends on what route you want to take

·
Registered
374 Posts
As per my reply in your other thread, good to think about where your priorities lie for this tank. Is it shrimp or plants? If shrimp, then high tech, CO2 injection, heavy ferts, demanding plants and Excel are probably not the way to go. If you want a great planted tank with a few shrimp to add interest then fine, but do understand that shrimp might not reach their full potential in such a tank.

I think well worth doing some reading up on CO2 and also about Excel - the two are not the same, despite what the Seachem label might suggest! @Darkblade48 has provided a great starting point above so do please read and digest this. (Take a look at his number of posts stats and note that his guide is as good advice as your likely to get!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.