The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the planted world and will be adding a paintball tank co2 system to my Spec V.

I am looking for recommendations on a diffuser/reactor as well as a drop checker.

I came across thisthis inline diffuser from GLA and I like how it can be hidden in my return compartment but I read some reviews about it not getting fine enough bubbles? I purchased an upgraded pump that I can use in conjunction with it but it isn't adjustable and I'm not sure if it would be too much flow.

Also, I tried looking up drop checkers but there's a ton of conflicting information out there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think there are other better option in the market.

Please take note that the diffuser ring inside it is a consumable. Based on my experience, it is always good to have one that is replacible. The diffuser ring will sooner or later blocked just like what you notice to happen to your inner wall of your piping. You will either need to clean the diffuser ring or replace it. For the one you mentioned, you will need to replace the whole set when it is blocked.

I am using this from Atman. It come with a bubble counter even.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
It's a Fluval Spec V, isn't it a bit tiny for a inline diffuser?

I would think the smallest glass pore type diffuser set close to the outflow of the tank divider would be best. Also the CO2 point of release should be on the outflow of the filter media. Having the diffuser in the filter where the CO2 could recirculate and reduce the oxygen levels of the nitrifying bacteria seems a bit counter-productive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts