The Planted Tank Forum banner

New tank suggestions

479 Views 8 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  regalesse
Hi I just upgraded from a 5 gallon to a 10 gallon 20x10x10.5.

I have 2 unidentified sword plants and 2 apogens looknig thing. I jsut put a onion bulb and water lilly bulb in there hoping to sprout. Using store bought sand and have a cool piece of driftwood i got from the local petsmart, has s bit of some kinda moss on it.

Only fish I have is a betta...was wondering what type of companion in this size tank would work well with the plants. Any other suggestions would help - especially on how to get more moss to grow on the driftwood.

Also, do you guys using root tabs? I found a few that just turned into some type of jelly that was a pain to clean. Do they do anything? SHould I just do a better job of burying them? thanks :)
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't buy aquatic plants there. Most of them aren't aquatic plants.
I have learned this the hard way.

Regarding the bulbs however, I have actually had good luck. I have 4 plants that have been thriving for several months(2 sword and 2 apogen, like i mentioned in the beginning of this thread), survived transplant into new tank. They are between 8 and 12 inches tall. All of them came from bulbs. One of them I have had for almost a year, but I noticed the bulb is still attached, which is why I asked.

I just added 4 new bulbs hoping to get at least 2 to sprout. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.