The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey so I'm in the process of setting up my 75 gallon for shrimp. planning on doing malawa shrimp and oebt. my substrate is black blasting sand. I plan on adding an almond leaf and a HOB filter, and a few more plants. my parameters are:
temp: 72
ph: 6.8
gh: 8
kh: 0-2 (idk, had trouble reading dropper test. using RO remineralized with salty shrimp gh+)
tds: 156

I'm just trying to find out if everything looks okay to keep these 2 types of shrimp together. I have crs and neo's, but I'm new to tiger shrimp and malawa. any suggestions and advice would be appreciated. thanks :)

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
i wouldn't use hob filters, shrimp don't like to much movement. bigger sponge filters would be your best bet
gotcha. i was thinkin maybe a marina cause the flow isn't too bad. but i would probably have to add more sponges anyways so maybe ill just go the sponge only route.

do my parameters look okay to keep/breed these kinds of shrimp though? i heard malawa are pretty hardy but i've read different things about tiger shrimp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.