The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I have a new fluval vista 23 tank and I'm pretty new at this. I have a couple of pieces of driftwood, some plants, a couple of platy fish and 5 tetras.

I'm 100% sure I need better lighting that comes with the tank kit and was looking at the fluval fresh and plant 2.0. I'm not overly familiar with other brands but my big issue is I want to mount it under the existing cover. It has to stay there because of my one cat. He'd be in there in no time.

I can't figure out if this a3990 fluval will fit in the existing spot or not and the manual for it doesn't give me any answers. I took some pics of what's there. I was really hoping someone here knew or had any suggestions other than fluval that would work. I'd like to keep adding more plants and eventually have a lot of growth in there.

24 white led and 6 blue with the stock strip.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm currently cycling the same tank as you and I'm definitely interested in upgrading the stock lighting for plants. Since the tank comes with an attached hood, how were you able to install the new light?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.