The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just upgraded to an ADA 90P aquarium, which is about 48 gallons. AqAdvisor does not have this style of aquarium so I just put 50 gallon aquarium. AqAdvisor also does not have one of the fish I want, a honeycomb tatia (Centromochlus perugiae).

Tanks info:
driftwood
heavily planted
Eheim 2217
Maybe Eheim 2216 as well

This is what I want to do.

8 Glass Catfish
6 Wrestling Halfbeak
20 Green Neon Tetras
3 vampire shrimp
2 Honeycomb tatia
2 Red Lizard Catfish L10a

Any info, suggestions, or concerns are appreciated.

·
Registered
457 Posts
You might want to cut back to 15 green neons to leave some room for growth. Also make sure they are bigger than what the honeycombs can eat. The shrimp may also become a meal. Other than that it seems like you will have a very interesting tank. I always liked glass cats, the way they school together.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I would add the Green Neon Tetras a lot earlier in order to get growth so they don't get picked on by the Wrestling Half Beaks

·
Registered
595 Posts
Just upgraded to an ADA 90P aquarium, which is about 48 gallons. AqAdvisor does not have this style of aquarium so I just put 50 gallon aquarium. AqAdvisor also does not have one of the fish I want, a honeycomb tatia (Centromochlus perugiae).

Tanks info:
driftwood
heavily planted
Eheim 2217
Maybe Eheim 2216 as well

This is what I want to do.

8 Glass Catfish
6 Wrestling Halfbeak
20 Green Neon Tetras
3 vampire shrimp
2 Honeycomb tatia
2 Red Lizard Catfish L10a

Any info, suggestions, or concerns are appreciated.
With the exception of the glass catfish, I have never seen any of these fish for sale at Petco or Petsmart. These seem to be very expensive and rare fish.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you everyone!

I will start my aquarium with the green neons, and hope they feel established before adding anything else.

Spacelord, I would never buy fish from petco or petsmart in a million years haha Thankfully I know some people that carry all of these fish.

It will be interesting because half of the fish will come from Asia, and the other half from South America. (except vampire shrimp which come from Africa)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts