The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Ive been so depressed these days with all the work and so ive decided to get a second tank to help me relax. Im after a mountain style scape but i am not the most talented =(

I went down to my LFS and bought 3 rocks and filled my tank today.
I need advice on how to arrange these rocks to make the scape look good.

Please help me :icon_frow

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I'd move the small rock a little more to the front, turn the medium size rock so that its a bit taller and as someone else suggested slope you substrate low at the front and left side to higher at the back and back right. I dunno what that plant is but its gotta go.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The following changes have been done to the tank
1. Rocks moved closer together
2. Heater moved out to the side where less visible
3. Filter moved to an area of less visibility
4. Sloped the gravel higher to the right and towards the back
5. Adjusted rock positions - smaller one moved to the front. Turned larger rock to make it look higher
6. Planted some remaining HMs.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I like that layout much better, still not a fan of the plant in the back right and the pink color of your light is really distracting.

Just add some more plants and let them fill in and overall I think you'll have a pretty nice looking tank.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
The red lotus might look better once the rest of the tank has filled in or if there were other lotus in the tank.

Are you going for something like a Iwugami scape? Or what is your ultimate goal? Did you have a some tanks you are drawing inspiration from? This might help you decide what to do in terms of plants, particularly that lotus.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.