The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ill probably make a new thread later with pictures but for now ill update the progress ive made so far

Got my first mail order in yesterday for the 38g tank

Ehiem 2213 canister
Hydor inline heater
Finnex planted plus 24/7 (first led I've worked with and I'm quite impressed)
Azoo co2 regulator with solenoid
Everything came with no damage and it looks fantastic the only issue is the hydor i ordered is slighly too big for the ehiem tubing but tis a simple fix. I also ordered all my substrate from ada last night

Ada malaya powder type a total of 12L
Bacter 100
Tormaline BC
Clear Super
Power Sand special M bag

I also got a master test kit and a large bottle of seachem prime

Needless to say im pretty excited as this will be my first tank to start as a high tech build if yall have any ideas for stuff that i could use please drop it in and ill give it a look! Thanks in advance guys!

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally got some pictures since i got the tank out of storage!
these rocks looked awesome at my lfs so i picked them up

Waiting on a couple of orders still but thats what i got so far

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Tank stand design in the works still trying to decide on 2×4 or 4×4 corners whole thing to be wrapped in plywood except the front with doors

·
Registered
141 Posts
This is pretty bullet proof stand design. I've used it from 55g to 180g tanks without any issues. The only thing you change is the width of the top frame's beams. For you tank size 2x4 everywhere will be perfectly fine. Green beams are there mainly to connect top/bottom frames to the legs, if you have jig to make pocket wholes for screws you can skip them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wood is cut for the stand
i also got airline tubing and clear filter tubing for pretty chep at home depot along with some teflon tape i also bought some plain black corrugated plastic for substrate supports

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got some pictures of the corrugated plastic aka coroplast i use as substrate supports its cheap at home depot or any other hardware store its literally the stuff yard signs are made of

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That awesome feeling when all your orders come in at once

Im so excited to use the aquasoil for the first time along with the additives
my co2 tank also came it super stoked
also got all my glass , lily pipes fancy drop checker cuz why not and a beetle type diffuser
im so excited hahaha

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I'm pretty sure I'm going to try my hand at pps pro dosing with a Diy auto doser I've built before just because it will be hard to do EI with my work schedule the way it is just got to get the pump and figure out how to mix my solutions to match pump output to required nutrients so if anyone knows any good fert calculators let me know thanks :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.