The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Doesn't look like bba to me. Looks more like a fungus. Is the driftwood new? A lot of times driftwood will develop it's own fungus or mold after being submerged for the first time. If so, it's usually eaten by otos, snails or amano

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
That does look like a fungus, which will be eaten by the above mentioned species, or gradually go away on its own.

But when we spoke earlier, you mentioned some algae on plants. Can you post a pic of that?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the tank and the driftwood are 2 months old. The growth of this stuff has been ongoing for 3-4 weeks.

DarkCobra, I had seen a few areas where this fuzzy growth was on my plants. Specifically, I saw a dime-sized area on a java fern leaf and I saw some amongst the "planted"/exposed roots of a couple of anubias. It wiped away quite easily, so it is possible that this was just some loose fungus that had settled onto the plants and onto a lava rock; they were small areas. I cannot produce a picture because I cleaned the vast majority of it up today, including off the pictured dw.

Great to hear this may just be a fungus. I just noted some pond snails that must have come in on my plants so maybe they can help. I will look out more for it's presence on plants and take a picture if noted. If this were BBA and it grew on plants, would it "adhere" as strongly to the plants as it currently adheres to the dw?

Thanks, guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.