The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just set it up like 10 minutes before this shot. Dont mind the bubbles on the glass. What do you all think? BTW there is a ton of giant hairgrass in the back that will fill in but you cant see it right now.

·
Registered
974 Posts
is that Utricularia gramnifolia for the foreground? That'll look sweet when it grows in.
I like the woodwork and the concept, just a little too symmetrical with the current setup.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
8 point Buck? just kidding. I like it and love the Manzanita. It may be a bit symmetrical?

·
Registered
246 Posts
It's an interesting start. You might consider the addition of mosses to the branches (as they grow, they coud help to hide the symmetry and give the aquarium an older, more natural appearance.) Additionally, Anubias and Cryptocoryn would look good planted around the base of your formation, while helping to camoflauge the transition between the rocks and the branches. It's a good start, and I wish you luck.

·
Got wood???
1,094 Posts
Loving it so far. I might suggest moving your rocks and major focus area off center. I feel this would really help the overall scape.

Nice work.

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
You might have tried sloping the layout gravel much more towards the back, either evenly or with a higher mound on the side etc, that would balance the symmetry with the wood.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts