The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okey dokey so i am entering an aquascaping competion, my first, next year and have bought a new tank with a internal filter compartment that will hold all my hardware which is great. :icon_bigg

the plan is to build a slate wall straight down the middle to form a sort of raised planter on this raised section i will be placing a natural wood ring so it juts over the edge and i will add a few pieces of slate in the foreground so that it appears that the wall fell over.

so specs are as follows:

tank 500cm x 400cm x 340cm
will stil get a smallish pump maybe a 50W
resun heater.

stocking

my blue delta tail betta
a possible school of 6 dwarf neon blue rainbows
khuli loaches or panda cories x5

plantings.

tiger lotus
ludwigia aruata
crypt wendetii i think , its a miniature one.
weeping moss
anubias nana
anubias nana 'petite'
Samoulous

i think the addition of the tiger lotus will give the scape a bit of height. the photo is the wood ring that is the focus of my scape. it is covered in weeping moss with 3 anubia plants thriving on on it.please feel free to comment, this thread is going to be a slow one as i want to do this right, i have a stand to build as well as going to be hunting for ADA Aquasoil which is really difficult to find here. there is much to do but if i do it right i think this could be a good scape, at least it is in the picture i have in my head lol.

thaanks for reading.;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
500cm would be 16+ feet long. I think that is what plecostomouse was referring to. I cant imagine that you have a tank that big and intend to stock it with a Betta. I assume you added an extra zero to the dimensions--and that would make your tank an 18000 gallon tank vs an 18 gallon tank which is what I believe you have.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
nope--that would be a tank that was teeny tiny--less than a cup.
No, perhaps the original measurement is supposed to be in MM, not cm. It would equal 50cm x 40 cm x 34 cm.

500 mm = 50 cm = 19.6 inches.
400 mm = 40 cm = 15.7 inches
340 mm = 34 cm = 13.38 inches

Somewhere around 17-19 gallons depending on glass thickness and such.

I was suggesting the same thing you did, just in practical situation of using CM in place of MM. 10 mm per cm.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ooohhhhh ok so found another really nice stump so the scape changes again lol. im now adding the stump in one corner at a slight angle so it matches the angle i'm going to be putting the ring in so it kinda looks like many moons ago it used to be part of the stump. then i'll scatter 2 or 3 pieces of slate from the wall to make it look like a tree fell over and smashed the wall. add some hair grass as a carpet and a few spriggs in the wall and voila! we have a scape called "the forest retaking its own." Booyaaaa lol i'm also getting some banana plants though i'm not sure how they will fit into the overall scape yet. crypts will go around the stump. i would sell my soul for a marimo ball to go on the stump itself lol. i just want to get started now but am still looking for ADA. Sigh patience is the hardest thing lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.