The Planted Tank Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
ღ Miss ShrimpTastic! ஐ...
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
a seriously common misconception is that algae is bad for tanks... its a balancing act between plants and algae competing for nutrients. Best way to prevent algae from over taking is establishing the plants and use a ton of co2 for the first 2 weeks.. This usually means no fish
Thank you for your input. Very well said. We are going into our 4th week soon so we must have done the CO2 and lighting right. The O2 at first is around 3-4bps, now only back down to 1-2 and the CRS are doing just fine. When more higher grades come him, I hope to get away with just 0.5-1bps :biggrin:

·
ღ Miss ShrimpTastic! ஐ...
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
That is true. I have a drop checker. My tank is constantly running 0.5-1 bps almost 24/7. More like 15 hours a day. Plants looking healthy, pH is constant, no shifting and my CRS are looking good : )

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I just went back through your link to the tank thread - I love the bridge! Cool looking tank!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
be careful having it run 24/7.... if the lights are not on... no CO2 is being taken up by the plants.. which means its staying in the water and ur depriving fish of O2 and causing a ph swing downward

PS where in SD are you... im in PB

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.