The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a new member to this forum but have had quite a bit of experience with both fish only and plant aquaria thoughout my life. I am joining this forum to share the fun of setting up a new series of tanks at my present residence.

The user Profile for this new tank may be seen here:
http://www.plantedtank.net/tankprofiles/390/

There isn't much to see right now, just two hummocks of sphaghnum moss sitting in a puddle of distilled water in order to get it growing.. But I have Ambitions, just check the profile...

I would appreciatte anybody's ideas on how to jazz up this setup, as I said I already want to do something with driftwood, and would appreciatte even more some reccomendations on potential inhabitants.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am by no means a master, but i have had a paludarium for 6 months and recently decided to switch it back to a normal aquarium. The one thing i can tell you is keep your moss out of the main body of water, if possible, if you dont like the dark coloration it causes.

This is how mine turned out, Over Christmas Break my roomate was supposed to keep an eye on it but somehow the waterfall started overflowing and killled all the moss :( so i scrapped it for the aquarium. All I can give for advice is have fun with it, experiment with the wildlife you put in it, ....hope to see more pics

1 - 2 of 2 Posts