The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share my new shrimp tank setups! As you can tell, my walls still don't have sheetrock, but I hope I can take care of that soon

I used a 48x24 iron stand and put a plywood bottom with heavy duty casters for mobility. For tanks, I have 20" mini rimless deep blue tanks. I use one cobalt aquatics oxy-pro air pump that branches out to 4 sponge filters. For lighting I have one 36" trulumen LED strip that's zip tied to some black 80/20 aluminum extrusions that I cut up and connected together

P.S. I still need to organize the wiring. I didn't have the light rack set up until recently but plan on tying the airline to the light rack neatly.

Enjoy the photos! Sorry the macros are not as good as they usually are, I forgot where I put my tripod and I didn't have the underwater housing this time. I also blame the subjects. They don't know how to pose!

Anthony

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am using 1 current usa trulumen 36" 8K strip per light rack. I had those laying around from the store when I had them on mr aqua 12 gallon longs.

I also want to get some magnetic float valve or clamp on float valve so I can top off with rodi easily without watching it. I actually have some Eshopps ones but they don't go up high enough. Perhaps some modding is on its way~

·
Registered
40 Posts
I also want to get some magnetic float valve or clamp on float valve so I can top off with rodi easily without watching it. I actually have some Eshopps ones but they don't go up high enough. Perhaps some modding is on its way~
I know what you mean. I feel silly using my expensive ATO (no reef tank right now) on my small shrimp tank. But it's easy and why let it go to waste, right?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for reminding me.. I have like 3 or 4 tunze osmolators sitting around in a box.

I was thinking about the float valves since I plan on adding two more tanks which would then outgrow my collection of ATOs. I also have a pressurized ro/di tank that gets filled through a delivery pump attached to my ro/di reservoir which is filled from low/high float switches automatically.

I think that whatever we can do to reduce monotonous tasks leaves us more time to focus on what we actually enjoy!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will post some new photos next week--I'm waiting for some more aluminum extrusions to come in the mail.

Not much has changed, but I did add two new "ADA-120P" clones that are empty.

After someone's recent visit, I pretty much got wiped out of shrimp.
I'm planning on filling one of the 120P-sized tanks with RCS so that they get extra space to live in as they are one of the most popular breeds. I'll leave the smaller tanks that have already been pictured for more unique colors like blue/yellow/orange/black shrimps.

Not sure yet what I'm going to do with the second 120P-sized tank. do you guys have any ideas?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts