The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hope this topic turn into a sticky for quick reference on selective breeding news, including names and pictures on the shrimp you are working on.
I will start with couple of mine:
Malawa Rose Shrimp and Yellow Body Red Rilli, both are work in progress check my signature for more details.

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
Often great minds think alike, and as such will unintentionally think of names already being worked on. So, I think this is a great idea. Here's some of mine I'm working on. I know some people are afraid to show what strain they are working on for fear someone will steal their idea, and I think that's a shame.

Sapphire

Nessie

Inkwell (Not bred from chocolate or BD)

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Often great minds think alike, and as such will unintentionally think of names already being worked on. So, I think this is a great idea. Here's some of mine I'm working on. I know some people are afraid to show what strain they are working on for fear someone will steal their idea, and I think that's a shame.

Sapphire

Nessie

Inkwell
(Solid Black, not chocolate - To be pictured)
Suprised people,wouldn't show their ideas. May,give someone an idea,but they don't have your shrimps or your colors! I want to get into this kind of breeding also. All in good time I suppose

-Chris

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pardon my ignorance but how do you breed them? I mean I think you make sure they dont have the same first name like caridina. But how do you really make them to breed??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pardon my ignorance but how do you breed them? I mean I think you make sure they dont have the same first name like caridina. But how do you really make them to breed??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
They will still have the same scientific name, Caridina, Neocaridina...we just name new mutation color, pattern that we selectively breed or pop up in our tank by accident.

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
Suprised people,wouldn't show their ideas. May,give someone an idea,but they don't have your shrimps or your colors!
I love the way you think. :) :thumbsup:

Other animals have been bred so much that different strains are actually different shades of the same color. Wouldn't that be cool! Ie. Classic BV (sky blue) and DBV (darker blue)

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
What would be the difference between black sakura and your inkwell?
Just finished doing some research. Apparently the black sakura branched off from the blue diamond line. They also throw chocolate and blue diamond. Also, due to water parameter differences these shrimps may turn chocolate.

After reading this from a few different sources, does it sound to anyone else that a breeder of blue diamonds decided to separate out the blacks and sell them by another name? :rolleyes:

---

My inkwells breed black every time, however- still working on the coverage.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Suprised people,wouldn't show their ideas. May,give someone an idea,but they don't have your shrimps or your colors! I want to get into this kind of breeding also. All in good time I suppose

-Chris
I think it's more along the lines of people contacting you to purchase whatever you post a pic of more so than stealing the idea. I have some very rare plants that I no longer post on the forum since I would get a flood of PMs asking where I got it or whether they can purchase it from me. If you tell them "no" they religiously hit you up on a monthly basis. ;)

Great thread btw. I am always interested in seeing what the people in the USA are creating. Seems that most of the new strains always come from Europe or Asia. Keep it up USA!

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
I think it's more along the lines of people contacting you to purchase whatever you post a pic of more so than stealing the idea. I have some very rare plants that I no longer post on the forum since I would get a flood of PMs asking where I got it or whether they can purchase it from me. ;)

Great thread btw. I am always interested in seeing what the people in the USA are creating. Seems that most of the new strains always come from Europe or Asia. Keep it up USA!
Agree there, It is always nice to see something new. Would imagine people would hound you.

-Chris

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
I think people here in the USA are able to create awesome strains! The people in the rest of the world are just larger in number, so have more of a chance to pop out different variations.

I just heard about a yellow var of crystal, however when I saw the pic it looked to me like they were trying to pass off a yellow neo as a card.

Take things with grains of salt. ;)

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
I think people here in the USA are able to create awesome strains! The people in the rest of the world are just larger in number, so have more of a chance to pop out different variations.

I just heard about a yellow var of crystal, however when I saw the pic it looked to me like they were trying to pass off a yellow neo as a card.

Take things with grains of salt. ;)
Yea, I love the ads on eBay there is some good ones. Sad thing is that someone, out there falls for it.

-Chris

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.