The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - just got some blue cherry shrimp from LFS. Tested the water, the levels were very similar to mine (they're less than a mile away). I drip acclimated for an hour and a half, then put them in. They were swimming some upside down here and there, and now they're all piled on top of each other in the corner of the tank. I have the lights off but wanted to know if there's something I should be doing to keep them safe. I tried shrimp about 5 years ago, and it was a horrific Shrimpocalypse, and it's taken this long for me to get over it and try again. Want to do well by them this time.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi - just got some blue cherry shrimp from LFS. Tested the water, the levels were very similar to mine (they're less than a mile away). I drip acclimated for an hour and a half, then put them in. They were swimming some upside down here and there, and now they're all piled on top of each other in the corner of the tank. I have the lights off but wanted to know if there's something I should be doing to keep them safe. I tried shrimp about 5 years ago, and it was a horrific Shrimpocalypse, and it's taken this long for me to get over it and try again. Want to do well by them this time.
If water parameters are not the issue, can it be water temperature?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
So to start.... can you share....

pH
GH
KH
Ammonia
Nitrites
Nitrates
TDS
Temp

Is this a new tank or used tank?

If used, has it ever been treated with copper meds?

Is there a heater in the tank?

What substrate?

Have you used bug spray, air freshener or any flea/tick medications recently?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.