The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 6 OEBT's a few weeks ago. Ive successfully bread blue and jade neos so far so it was a bit of an upgrade and they fit the specs of my 45 gallon blackwater tank (ph 7.2, gh 5, kh 4, tds 190) which i had been dying to put shrimp in
Its a 45 Gallon tank so I knew I wasnt going to see them anytime soon. Its been 2 weeks now and ive had 2 sightings.
I was growing restless today wondering if theyre still alive in there, its nerve racking! So I tore the tank appart and I saw one so I put everything back. I didnt comb through all the decor cus I didnt want to upset them too much.
Im worried. Is 2 weeks too soon to tell if everything is ok in there?
Plant Water Organism Terrestrial plant Wood

·
Registered
58 Posts
Shrimp do hide, if you have a lot of caves and stuff they just kinda hang out in one spot.

I freaking out when I had something hide but they all show up sooner or later.

·
Registered
528 Posts
It's normal for them to hide for a while as they adapt to your water. I think they molt easily so be careful with water changes (which can simulate a rainfall which makes them molt). I do small ones daily (~10%). I noticed doing 25% changes, they would be hiding for a couple probably because I forced a molt. It took me a few weeks before the red cherries were out in force. Also, make sure you feed your shrimp. I have found that it best for them to get a meal a day.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I was sure all my Amanos had flung themselves out of their tank when I first got them. I found 1 out of 5 on the floor and didnt see another for weeks. Turns out they were all hanging out in the holes of the dragonstone, now I see them all the time.
You have a lot of hiding spots, I wouldnt worry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.