The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I'm sure it will be like all the reality "worK" show. Jerk/Egomaniac owner/boss, one good employee that save's the boss's butt every episode and Idiot employees and Idiot customers.

And yes, i'll watch it.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Looks like a fun show, but I don't know what's more disturbing to me; that a dentist makes enough $$ to buy an octagon multi-room aqauirium (have your insurance card handy! lol) or that a church gets enough $$ to buy that gorgeous entryway. No vows of poverty...

·
Registered
637 Posts
The only problem I see would be people thinking, 'Oh, I should get out my old aquarium and buy some fish!!' and not planning ahead at all. 'I have a big tank; can I fit a shark in my 55 g?'

Although I do appreciate that they have some articles at the bottom about owning an aquarium and what you need to consider before you buy stuff. It's rather comprehensive, though, which unfortunately means it will likely fall under 'too long, didn't read.' :icon_neut

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I like how it's a family business - they really found a niche and ran with it...

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
That tank with the archways reminds me of my ex-boyfriends house. He had a giant archway tank as his entryway...
I really don't care for saltwater, but the show looks fun though. Wonder if those corals are real. Or if they are fake like the ones at the rainforest cafe.

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That tank with the archways reminds me of my ex-boyfriends house. He had a giant archway tank as his entryway...
I really don't care for saltwater, but the show looks fun though. Wonder if those corals are real. Or if they are fake like the ones at the rainforest cafe.

I would say there is a good chance that they are fake. the reason being is that it would be very hard to get into that tank if anyone needed to. but.. who knows.... hopefully we will find out on the show

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I would say there is a good chance that they are fake. the reason being is that it would be very hard to get into that tank if anyone needed to. but.. who knows.... hopefully we will find out on the show
Yah, I'm going with fake too..... Most of the larger ones are.. At my es's house they had stuck live corals and anemones and all that jazz in select places between the fake ones. It made it look alive and real, until you noticed that only some of them were actually moving... well the fake ones sort of moved too... but it wasnt the same. Maybe they will try something like that. I personally wouldn't like it unless the whole thing was real..

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.