The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the new tank and can't wait any longer to dismentle the existing vivariums. And spent an hour or two to transfer everything from the smaller vivariums to the new tank.

Here they are... Was just fed them with crickets and earth worm.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Heard some hobbyists said that the water level is too high for them. Since they are tree frog and don't know how to swim. So, anyone experience with high water level in the setup?

Yes. I am getting some mosses on this weekend.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Thanks all.
Would you mind to share how messy there are? So far I didn't find them are messy. Just digged a nice spot under the woods and resting there.
Well when the frogs get dried out over the day they have a secretion that ends up getting in the water when it comes off and is messy! Also BIG POOPS compared to the smaller stuff most people keep.

Heard some hobbyists said that the water level is too high for them. Since they are tree frog and don't know how to swim. So, anyone experience with high water level in the setup?

Yes. I am getting some mosses on this weekend.
Mine LOVED the water... spent all night long in it, if anything you could probably raise the water level, How high is it?

-Andrew

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Raimeiken,
Sorry. I was with a pair of dirty hands and unable to hold the camera. I am using pumice as base. Followed by a layer of spagnum moss, then soil with coconut fibers. And then another layer of spagnum moss, then a layer of Chiloscyphus sp and Vesicularia sp on it and on the rocks.

I am using different sizes of rocks to seperate the soil and white sand. Make it like an island look alike.

Fish Newb, I am going to change the water weekly. Fed them twice and didn't see their poo inside the water. Perhaps they have their favourites sport to poo?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.