The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do u guys think of these rocks for an iwagumi scape? Any ideas are welcome. They still need to be cleaned and the dark spots are where i put some water on them to test the color. I would like to plant a whole bunch or dwarf baby tears all around with some kind of tall cover at the back of the tank for the tetras. The large rock weighs 30 to 40 lbs the others are five to ten pounds, going in a 46 gallon bow front.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Hard to get idea of the actual size of your rocks in your photos, when I read that the big one was 30-40 lbs I was shocked. I guess the gravel they are sitting on is like crush and run used commonly on driveways, not small grain gravel used more in edging or decorative scenarios.

Anyway, I ramble, I think your rocks look good and should make a nice looking Iwagumi scape. I'd wait till you get them in the tank and try a dry layout of different positions to find the one you like best.

·
Registered
118 Posts
That big rock is nice
I'd try for a layout similar to how that picture is the smaller rocks around the bigger one (or almost around...depending on tank width)
It would give a very Japanese look to the tank
And if you had dwarf tears circling each stone for a small perimeter, and gravel for the rest of the tank, I'd think that really compliment those rock's shape

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.