The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have had this tank setup for a couple years now and I am looking for some outside ideas.

I had neglected the tank for several months doing the bare minimum that was required and it turned into an algae farm (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/algae/94103-its-out-control-i-am-not.html)

I have regained control by getting back to basics and doing weekly water changes. I have also cut my lighting down to 1 bulb and my CO2 is running at full strength on a full cylinder. I generally come home in the evening and turn on the second bulb and run at full strength till the timer kicks everything off at 8pm.

Plants are growing and algae is not accumulating like it was. I can see daily progress with L. Repens and the Tiger Lilys are putting up new leaves regularly. I have not started a fert schedule yet, but I will be ordering dry ferts anytime now.

Here is a shot of the tank from a couple days ago:

I am debating on removing the holey rock since the scape seems very symmetrical and moving the driftwood to one side. I was thinking on pulling the Tiger Lily into the foreground and bunching up the L Repens in the background to one side or the other and getting some other filling stems for added bulk. I would like something else in the foreground and my wife does not care for the crypts all that much.

Please feel free to post critiques and recommendations.
Tank specs:
55g tall, 2x65w CF (10,000K and 6700K).
No ferts yet (only root tabs currently)
Flourite substrate
Fauna: 2x clown loach, 2x Angelfish, 1x ABN pleco, 1x Blackskirt tetra, 1x zebra danio, 4x Oto

Here is the ABN hanging out on the crypt leaf:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I finally decided to pull everything out and rescape. This is my first major rescape since putting this tank together.

I am really liking the new look although it does look very empty now. The layout seems more thought out rather than thrown together. Hopefully in a couple of weeks the L. Repens will grow up and fill the back area more. I have added 2 more angels and they all seem to be getting along well.

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

Flickr 11/22/09 Rescape

1 - 2 of 2 Posts