The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently went through a re-scape and was wondering what you guys/gals think? I'm hoping the rotala will fill in and hide the cones for the discus pair.
The tank is 125g.
Thanks

Matt

Full Tank

Closeups

·
Registered
198 Posts
i think it looks good, except those cones, unless u have them in there for a particular reason, just let it grow in

·
Registered
283 Posts
I like it, but what is the orange thing? I assume it is part of your filtration system?

It may look good if you create a kind of "low spot" without driftwood or tall plants on the right side.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I like selection of plants and you have some awesome driftwood!!! Just a couple of suggestions - Instead of equally spacing the driftwood across the length of the tank maybe you could bunch some of them closer together on one side or the other for some imbalance - looks a little more natural. Also, that that thermometer is a bit unsightly.

Congrats on your mated pair of discus. I wish I had room for a 125. I currently live in an 800 sq ft. condo. I'm jealous.:icon_smil

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have played around the with scape again. Still not sure if I like the right side. What do you guys/gals think?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Wow. I love it. I like the background black and the bright green plants with the blue fish. I like the back near the right side. The very right corner is throwing me off a little. It just looks like it's not finished or it needs to grow in.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, The right corner hopefully will fill in with Tropica's Starougyne round leaf that I have trimmed and replanted.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The left side is the safety heaven for the RCS population I'm trying to re-establish. Maybe I'll thin the blyxa out some to show the drift wood that is behind it.
Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Since you have ground cover on the right I thought you were going for a left angle scape. I find the grass on the left conflicting. Wish it was more towards the ground cover and then tall plants on the left side.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Since the height of the plants is quite uniform the bushiness at the left front doesn't seem balanced on the right hand side. How about a red mid sized crypt or lily there?

Where are the discus's cones?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts