The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just picked up three German Blue Rams from the LFS ($4 each :icon_lol:) and wanted to check sexes. I thought I picked up 2 females and 1 male and just wanted everyones' opinion on this.

I'm thinking the first picture is of a female, the second is the male and the third is the other female (recovering from the move).

The final picture is of all three and from left to right I believe its female, female, male.

Please let me know :proud:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
There is no way to say 3 females for sure, so IDK how some of you have done that. Obviously the pink belly gives away the first and third as females, but the other one is likely male. No way to know for sure, but the fact that the dorsal fin is so tall means it's likely male. The females will have a pointy black dorsal as well, but males will be very much noticeably taller.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Male
look at the pic with all 3, the 2 females have the blue shiny blinkers in the black stripe.
the male doesn't have that.

The pinkish look of the males belly is probably shine of light.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.