The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 10 gallon tank that I've had for a while and now I'm getting ready to set it up. I plan on making a decently planted tank with low light plants. Really leaning towards a 1 male betta tank. Or maybe a few zebra danios. But most likely the betta since I already have a 50 gallon community tank. But my question is since this will be a small tank in my room what is the quietest filter you guys have used or heard of.
I've heard of the fluval underwater filter and the tetra whisper internal filter just wondering if any one seen these filters in action and the quietest ones.

·
Planted Tank Nation
889 Posts
stick with the betta, or maybe a micro rasbora of some sort for a schooing fish if you want. The zebra danios are way to active for a 10 gal. As for the filter I am not sure. My tank is in my bedroom with a fluval canister and it is very silent.

·
Registered
644 Posts
hi xavier,

i currently have a tetra whisper 10i, and while it is pretty quite, im not exactly happy with it.
there are two suction cups on the back that don't hold it very stable. this doesnt create problems for me, but its definitely not ideal.
also the water nearly flows over the back edge (there is no cover for the filter).
plus it takes up a decent amount of room in my 10g, id prefer a canister.
my betta seemed okay with the flow as long as i kept the water level close to the outflow, that left me with little surface agitation, so keep that in mind if it matters to you.

i think the filter works fine for the tank, and yes it is nearly silent, but im switching to a canister filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts