The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I didn't see this here after a quick search (sorry if it was already discussed and I missed it), but how do you clean plants before adding them to your aquarium? I've read that some people set up QT like they would fish. Others claimed a peroxide wash (5-10%), and more still said they used bleach (isn't that bad?) or vinegar? And they left them over night in a bucket?
I know one of the plants I ordered is easy to....shake off a few of the leaves, and I don't want that.

So what is the proper way of doing it? Or should I not really bother? The place seems to have a good rep, but they don't guarantee them to be snail-free and such.

I have two 5 gallon buckets, I was just going to rinse them and look them over, but if I need to run to the store, it'll have to be tomorrow when they arrive

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've heard people put plants in a QT tank too. I'm not clear why, maybe someone can weigh in more on this.
In the past, all I've done was fill a sink up, take the plant out of the pot, remove the plant from the rockwool in the sink (its easier under water) trim any roots/dead leafs off then, give it a shake under water to remove possible snails and take it to my tank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts