The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am completely new to planted tanks. This would be my first. I have a 60 gallon with dimensions of 48Lx13Wx24H with eco-complete. I have a quad T5HO lighting fixture with 216Watts but only run two bulbs at 108 Watts for a 5-6 hour photoperiod. Have had the tank set up for roughly a week with temperature in the 76-80F range. PH is in the 7.4-7.6 range. I ordered my plants from aquaticplantcentral.com all showed up in beautiful shape. Tank is stocked with Cryptocoryne Spiralis, Valliseneria Spiralis, Amazon Swords, and a Cryptocoryne parva. Valls appear to be dying/melting as well as the Cryptocoryne parva. Below I attached pictures of my current plants. Can this just be from the plants being in shock due to shipping/ being set in a new tank or?

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a relief. I had hope but always worry that it could be the worst case scenario. Is my 5 hour photoperiod okay with 108watt t5ho??

Ichy, got the parva at plantedaquariumscentral.com came in excellent condition.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The parva may totally meltdown then regrow. I've had it happen to mine before. The tank really goes through all kinds of things the first few months; Algae, plant melt and so on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts