The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I've always treated with excel but I'm not sure how the moss you have would react to it. Some goes for peroxide. Is it hard/ impossible to pull off? Is it flowing like dark green/ black hair or is it more branching off of itself? If that makes sense

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like stag horn. Is there any possibility of excessive iron somehow in your tank? I've heard of an association between iron and stag horn.
I think you are right ...I had dosed with seachem iron to boost red plant...which I say a mistake from my end.. currently I have stopped that and to treat staghorn dosing easy- carbo double dose of the recommended dose .. this is my fiy day of dosing ..please tell me, how many days should I dose easy-carbo

Is the "algae" only on the driftwood?
Its mainly on plant leaves and mosses

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I'm not familiar with easy carbon, sorry, I use excel. I have weak reception but if you look up and compare the active ingredients and they are the same, glut, and percentage is the same or you can get excel the method I use is- 1ml of excel per gallon. Leave in with filters off for an hour scrub/ remove as much of the algae as you can. Do a 50%+ water change sucking up as much algae/ gunk as you can. Rinse filter media in waste water and restart filters. You can also spot treat with a dropper and remove after a half an hour to an hour. Hopefully this helps!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.