The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Im new on thi web page. I have set up a 55g planted tank. Just got new lights for the tank. I have 2-48" t-5 lights total watts of 112. Both of them are fresh water lights. I also have a salt water light that is 28w. No co2. Hoping my plants will start to grow faster. Want to stay low-tech. I have flourite gravel about 3" thick. Anyone have any other suggestions.

Thanks

·
Registered
720 Posts
Sounds good for now although what are you going to do for ferts? Although fert needs are minor in this type of tank you still need to add them because your lighting is on the higher side for low light set ups. Slight water dosing depending on your plant selection would be good or root tabs every 6 months to a year. Yes a year (sounds strange huh?) low light tanks uptake nutrients a lot slower so fertilizers dont need to be added as often. Also out of curiosity what kind of plants are you thinking of getting??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.