The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input y’all. Would love to get moss growing on those rocks. Quick update. Added a couple more rock pieces in the back and mounted the Java ferns to that

·
Registered
1 Posts
Beautiful! I have the same tank with a similar wood piece but on the right side. I sloped the gravel down and have so many random plants but I love my dwarf and regular subulata. I have gouramis, corys, kuhlis, an African butterfly fish and some tetras. I love the look of your tank too. Some are just too crowded.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks great!! Make sure the anubias rhizome is not planted in the substrate otherwise they will die.
absolutely. I use braided fishing like anchored to fishing weights so that the plant essentially floats right on top of the substrate vs being buried within it. So far a couple new leaves have popped up, but we’ll see if I have any issues long term

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very nice tank....really like the aquascape. I am just getting back into aquariums after a couple year hiatus. I had a 120 gal, 90 gal and 75 gal with a bunch of big fish....got really tired of the massive water changes. Picked up a 32 gal Fluval Flex am decided to give planted tanks a try. Much more relaxing, much less water to change.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Plants seems to be growing and reproducing at a decent clip. I’m doing medium lighting for 7 hours a day, broken up into two blocks of time with a few hour break in-between. Had some slight hair algae in the beginning but that has been gone for a bit now. I’ve cleaned off the fungus from the driftwood twice now and it keeps coming back. Does anyone find that oto’s will actually eat this stuff?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts