The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Just started up a new 20 gal tank a little more than a month ago. Tank cycled in about 2 weeks to my delight. Plants started growing rather quickly but in the last week and a half I have noticed new growth on narrow swords and the Malaysian red coming in. They quickly started melting at the tips of the growth, but it seems to grow in fully green thereafter. Looking online I am seeing two opinions. Either a lack of iron or a lack of nitrates. Any clarification would be a huge help.

Currently running led lights, just started dosing seachem excel, flourish and iron. Planted in eco-complete. No algae, diotoms, or other issues. Stocked with 9 danios, 4 Cory's 2 gold mystery snails. Everyone seems healthy and happy. No ammonia or nitrites, nitrates are low 5ppm on today's test. Doing 20% pwc twice a week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably won’t need the iron but phosphate might be needed. Have a test kit?

Is this a non-CO2 tank?
No co2 yet. I've been contemplating adding it, but didn't want to have to spend the money yet. Haven't gotten a test kit outside of the api master which does pH Ammonia, nitrate and nitrites.

Bump:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts