The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i found a piece of drift wood at a local river... it was at least halfway it the water... ive been boiling it and soaking it it REALLY hot water for the last 2 days... i want to know how long it should take before it sinks with out any rocks holding it down... im guessing it will take a long time as i have 55 pounds of rock on it and it still wants to float :icon_frow:icon_frow:icon_frow

here are a few pictures... this first pictures is the before and the other three are what it looks like now(still need to add plants)

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i have to say this is weird and creepy lol i was just on your thread about your fish room HAHA... but thanks for the info... and thanks for the compliment ive had then for 6 months and had them sense they where smaller then a dime... they are about 5-6 inch long now eating on pellets, chicken, shrimp, and gold fish =]=]

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what would running it though the dishwasher do?? i dont think mom or dad would like me to do that haha but i was about to but some but i dont have the money right now seeing as i only have a summer job working at a landscaping place... i wanted it to be done before christmas or i want it to look some what good like try to tie the rock on to the back of the wood??

·
Registered
199 Posts
I can't see the dishwasher idea working. What forces the water into the wood is a good soaking in hot water in a bucket for a long time. If you want to leach out any tannins, put some baking soda in the bucket or better yet some Oxyclean which is even a higher pH and adds some peroxide bleaching.

You need some weight attached to the wood for several months at least. After a year, the driftwood should stay sunk without weight.

Dishwasher.....dumb idea.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.