The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about upgrading my dual T8 lighting on my 30g and want peoples opinions on this light from Odyssea.

I have contacted the seller and it had the option to run 1,2, or all 3 bulbs.

I imagine the reflector should help keep the par a little on the lower side but still I think I can get better growth using this light.

I currently am running pressurized co2 dosing Pfertz N,Micros and if I upgrade my light will be switching to EI.

I guess I want to know if anyone has this light or knows of any problems with the current Odyssea lights. (I know that a metal Halide caught fire years ago) http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&c...y82TAg&ved=0CC4QvwUoAQ&q=metal+halide&spell=1

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what i'm told about this fixture from the supplier "There are two manual switches for the T5. The first group control one bulb. The other controls the other two bulbs. " so it leaves me some flexibility with the amount of light going into the tank.

Thanks for the thoughts.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I am also putting some consideration into buying this light system. I have checked the internet pretty thoroughly and have found mostly good reviews for the Odyssea T5 fixtures; apparently the fire issue was with their MH lights and since the company changed hands (or so I have read) the quality control issues have disappeared. I was not able to find a spec sheet or a user guide for this fixture, which is why I have not purchased it yet, but for the money this level of features seems almost too good to be true. I am very curious to see how you like the fixture; please post to let us know how it works out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.