The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today as I approached my tank I noticed something moving on the glass. It was small, ~1/4" long, whitish or partly translucent, and "comma" shaped . One end was wider than the other, with a somewhat pointed tail. It did not appear to have a shell.

As I approached it began to move. The motion was like an inch worm. It would stretch out and then pull into a ball. Could it have been a juvenile form of a snail or some form of parasite?

I do not have a photo as I removed it very quickly. My policy is pretty much to pull out anything that I did not put in.

Any ideas what it might have been?

Thanks!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look up rhabdocoela flatworms and detritus worms. Two biggest culprits for worm like things.

Otherwise, you've got planaria, mosquito larvae, leeches, nematodes...
Thanks!

Based upon your tips and from searching images on "The Universal Source of Truth" I would say it was probably a white Planaria.

I am probably overfeeding and also am pretty sure that I have a dead fish decomposing in an inaccessible place. My nitrates have increased and I have had to do more water changes.

I find the feeding issue very tricky as I really have found no good way to gauge that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.