The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum & the planted tank scene, So Hello All!
I do have a few issues that i am hoping you good people can assist with, so here goes. My setup is an aqua one regency 120 300 ltr tank, i upgraded the aquis 1250 to an aquis 2250 uv external, i also have a little sponge filter which is just for filter shrimp to graze really. It is planted, but only the hardier plants cabumba, swords etc, tend to last. This is probably due to the lighting, as it is the older 120 tank, which has 2 x 30watt t8 bulbs, so with the tank being quite tall, they are insufficient. I also have no co2, as from what i have read, i don't actually have strong enough lights to use it. I would love to upgrade lights & install c02, but unfortunately cant right now. I do use easylife ferts, but there probably not really doing that much, with my current setup. I have also purchased a phosban 150 fluidized filter which i was hoping i would be able to use on my tank, as added filtration & to incorporate my inline heater back on my tank, as it does not fit the 2250 pipework. Advise on best media to use with this, would also help. So if anybody is still reading this, so sorry for the life story length, but hopefully you can help solve some of my concerns, this would be much appreciated thanks

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
Welcome to TPT!!

Stick with low light plants and you should be fine. Crypts, Anubias, mosses, Java ferns, and chain swords are some others you might try that you didn't list.

I'm not clear exactly what you're asking about your filtration setup, but in general you need mechanical filtration more than anything else on a planted tank. Planted tanks produce tons of debris, and the plants themselves can handle a hefty amount of chemical and biological filtration.

I'd imagine a fluidized filter would need really frequent cleaning? I like sponges best, myself (that's the majority of the media I use inside my canisters).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for quick response, in regards the fluidized sand filter, it was mainly to add little more filtration, as am well stocked, but would also be handy to use it to attach my inline heater, as it does not fit my canister filter pipework.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.