The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!! I have a 40 gallon long low tech that has been lightly planted with scarlet temple, corkscrew val, and java fern and java moss on a piece of faux mopani wood and anubis on a rock. I decided today that I want a heavily planted jungle aquarium, so I went to the store and got malasian red, money wort, and bleheri. Although I love these plants, I wish I had vertically shorter plants that are still somewhat horizontally largish along with a small carpet. I need only low tech plants
Any recommendations?
I have a 40 gallon long with the Finnex 24/7 Planted+ and use API Leaf Zone and API CO2 Booster. I sometimes use API Root tabs but tend not to use them because of cost.

Sorry about the quality of the picture of my aquarium :nerd:

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
If you want a jungle aquascape (I have one myself :grin2:) I would definitely suggest adding a Nyphaea (water lily)sp. These are usually easy to keep and a beautiful addition to that style tank. Also, the more grassy plants you have, the more of the jungle look you will get. Try placing some sagittaria in the front or adding some apongetons!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.