The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, Been keeping cichlids, mainly haps, for the last 8 years or so and after much consideration I have decided to let go of my 150 gallon :frown: and have a planted 55 gallon bowfront. Got to say I know hardly anything about planted tanks so at the minute so I may be asking lots of questions. The 55 is set up and has a lone pictus in there at the moment as the other died in the move. Not in too much of a rush to stock it as i have no idea about plants, fish, co2 ect :redface:.

Thanks,

steve.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Welcome to the forum Steve. I keep cichlids :)
there is a lot on information on here and people are really helpful
... good luck with your tank

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
welcome to the weedy side of tanking

·
Registered
108 Posts
Welcome and prepare to be overwhelmed by some of the info on this forum particularly the aspect of lighting your aquarium. ;)

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
hey welcome to TPT! ^^

well i guess the first thing you have to ask yourself is, how much maintenance are you wanting/planning/prepared to give the tank?

If you're looking for a low-very low maintenance tank, go for low light and low light plants. dont need co2 this way and can go light on the ferts if you even need them at all. But If you're prepared/want to mess with your tank all the time, then look for med-high light w/pressurized co2 and any plants you want.

We'll all help ya either way ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Think I'm going to go the low maintenance route. After the 150g I want somthing simple but what looks good :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts