The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new on this forum. I go to the University of Michigan and just got into aquariums. Where are there good LFS and places to buy plants around Ann Arbor? So far the only place that has a decent selection I've seen is Fish Doctors. I figured this would be the place to ask. Thanks!

·
Registered
194 Posts
It isn't too far for you, about 30-45 min. Yet 12 and orchard lake, Choice aquariums. Good selection of plants (best in the area that I have seen actually), as well as everything else you would need to do you business.

Quick trip on 23 to 14 to 96 to 696 to orchard lake road exit

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I hear good things about that place, planning to take a trip there soon

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hi,

Could you please tell me where Fish Doctor is located in Ann Arbor? LOL
I drove in circles during 5pm traffic trying to find that dang store. I will be going back to that area soon and would like to stop.

Thank you!

I know this thread is old and you probably already found your SAE, but I know a store near me that has tons of them. I could pack them up and drive them down with me if you are ever interested.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, where are you located? Preuss has SAE but I decided against them. Fish Doctors Ann Arbor is on Washtenaw Ave past Carpenter Rd (if you are driving from Ann Arbor towards Ypsilanti). You drive past a chinese grocery store and it's next door to a mini golf course.

·
Registered
389 Posts
We live in Saginaw, but have a place in Belleville because my husband is attending Michigan Institute of Aviation and Technology. Thank you for the address. I swear I must have been on the wrong street because I couldn't even find the golf course. Is it on the East side of 23? I was thinking it was on the west, but I didn't find it so I could be wrong.

I also decided against getting SAE for my tank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.